Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

My First Journey In Lombok Island

It's been a long time I didn't update this blog. As a warming up this is my little story about my First Journey in Lombok Island. Check This Out ;) 

P.S. Since I'm still learning to write in English please understand if there are many mistake I've made in this written :) I'd be so glad if you can give me some review . Thanks 

This is my story about my first journey in Lombok Island. Since March 2014 I've got a job as a forester in this Lovely Island through Indonesia Ministry of Forestry program called BASARHUT (Bakti Sarjana Kehutanan) for 2 years. This program aims to advancing forest development in basic level, advancing quality of forest development and guidance in basic level, and also producing professional forester. In order to achieve the aims, Indonesia Ministry of forestry gathers about 120 forestry’s bachelor to run the program. And I’m become the part of it.

BASARHUT Gen.I with State Officials of Indonesia Ministry of Forestry



Two days after we arrived in Lombok Island we were invited by head of East Lombok Forest Service to participate in Forest Service of East Lombok District program doing such a personal approach to community who lives around the forest. There were many problems occurred in the forest around that area which has some complicated relation with that community. To solve those problems the government decided to do personal approach to this community. As a new person in this Island I saw this event as a good opportunity to know more about socio-culture condition in this Island, indeed.

Local People and I
This event was opened by secretary of East Lombok Forest Service then as the first speaker is head of East Lombok Forest Service himself. Then it was continued by Head of Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit. They discussed about how to do forest management integrated with community around the forest without destruct the forest. One of the problem solving was creating the social forest or cooperating with forest management unit. About 3 hours they discussed about it.
Secretary of East Lombok District Forest Service, Head of Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit, Head of East Lombok District Forest Service (from left to right)
The Participants

After that we were invited to do field trip to the area that would be our working area. One of the destination was (the candidate of) Lombok botanical garden. In that place we could study about some of Lombok native species and also orchid. Beside that there were also some hectar of mango plantation and cocoa plantation. Fortunately when we got there it was a harvest time of cocoa fruit. In no time we picked some cocoa fruit and ate that together.  That journey was ended by had some lunch in the Lombok Traditional Stall. 

The orchid collections in (the candidate of) Lombok Botanical Garden

Tasting the cacao fruit
The gate of Orchids garden
I, kak Emi, kak Nensi, kak Jijong (from left to right)

Masbagik, 17 07 2014
@Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit Office

please anticipate another story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment