Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Part IV. Happy but Dag Dig Dug (Full of Surprises) [Arrived in Russia]

Fine! Before I forget what I want to tell you guys I’ll continue my story about my very first time going abroad “Russia”. It’s been 3 years ago actually. Because a couple days ago I heard such bad news about Malaysia Airlines which got shot by Russian guided missile then made me remember I had ever gone to Russia. Anyway I’m truly sorry to hear the news, especially for Indonesian who also became victim. I said my condolences. :(

8th International Junior Forest Contest
If I’m not mistaken in 13th September 2014 I arrived in Domodedovo International Airport. We were welcomed by the light rain. The interesting part when we (my lecture, my friend, and I) got there we almost fell into the trouble because of the suitcases. 
You know guys usually when we go to somewhere by plane and we bring such of suitcase we’ll put them into plane baggage and when we arrive in our destination place we can find our suitcases in the baggage claim. At that time when we want to take our suitcases in baggage claim we couldn't find them. We had waited for an hour or less or more (I forget :p) but our suitcases didn't show up. That was so confusing us. Moreover when we asked the employees about it they couldn't speak English well. Finally after we were fussing there and there, there was an announcement that the baggage from our plane had just arrived. It was late actually. Then in no time we could find our suitcases and moved out from the airport. In exit gate we had been picked up by IJFC committee and we were accompanied to the hotel where the event was held.

Went out from the plane

My PIC and I in the airport parking area

Moscow with the light rain

(For you who don’t know why I went to Russia you can check the previous part of this story here)

Arrived in the hotel we met many people who participated in this event as well from another country. It was so interesting. We got to know so many people. After checked in to the hotel and we got our rooms we put our stuff and got ready to the opening ceremony of the event. In the meeting room there was someone that caught my eyes. They are Japanese. (FYI) I really admire the country called Japan or 日本 in my entire whole life, in case I met Japanese it made me feel awesome (凄い). Of course other participant was awesome so. I met people from many countries such as our neighborhood country Malaysia, Vietnam, Korea, Mongolia, China, Russia, and even from other continent South Africa, Kenya, Brazil, Cuba, Romania, and others as well. In that event we competed each other through presentation of our research project. Actually before we selected as participant we asked to send the brief explanation about our research and the result as well. Then from many applicants, the committee only selects one best of each country. And my friend and I were selected as representative from our beloved country Indonesia. It was my honor.

me and the participant ID card

some participants

I was bit surprised because in this first meeting all participant had already given rewards a medals and appreciation certificate whereas we hadn't presented our research project. Actually all the participant here was the winner from each country then we were given rewards because we had selected as participant in this event. 
I got the rewards as well

I, my lecturer, and my PIC (from left to right)
After the opening ceremony we prepared our self to present our research project. Fortunately my friend and I got turn in the next day so we could prepare it better. In that event we used 2 languages which are English and Russian. Every participant given translation tools to help us whether the speaker speaks using Russian or English. We did the presentation for 2 days. Beside it at night we had group activity which was playing games called Forest Quits. In this game every group competed each other to answer the question from the committee. The winner would get a prize of course. Unfortunately my group was lost. But it didn't matter because the more important was I could get to know more friends from another country.

my teams (can you guess which one I am? hehe)

my PIC's team

the winner team of forest quits
Actually we were asked to wear traditional costume when we were doing the presentation. Most of them did it but others didn't as well as my friend and I. My friend and I wore the traditional costumes after finish the presentation in announcing-the-winner-time. There were many unique traditional costumes from many countries. Then finally announcing-the-winner-time and the winner is a friend from Russia. She got big reward due to her winning. At night after the announcing-the-winner-time there was party time. In that party there were some shows like Russian traditional dance, Uzbekistan traditional dance, modern dance, and in the end we danced together. It was so fun.

my PIC and I :)

Mongolia traditional costume

Korean traditional costume 'Hanbok'
and other unique costumes 






Here we are with our unique traditional costumes 





To be continued ...
Masbagik 21072014 10:38 WITA

@Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit Office 

2 comments:

  1. well yeah, you are so cool and you always will be!!! Even I never go abroad and you can go there without taking out any money from your wallet!! Waaah, it has been three years yahh, then when will you go next?? Japan??? I always wish you all the best, my best friend!!! muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amin ya rabbalamin :) thanks dear !!! I wish you all the best as well kkkkk :*

      Delete