Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Part IV. Happy but Dag Dig Dug (Full of Surprises) [Arrived in Russia] 2

Well let me continue my story in Russia

As I said before in my previous story I got such cool experience in my very first journey abroad such as got medal and appreciation certificates in my first day in Russia, met so many people from many countries, got to know unique costumes and tradition from many countries, etc. It was awesome!!!


medals and appreciation certificate that given to us :)

In the day 2, it was our (my PIC and I) turn to do the presentation. (Ehm I’ll tell you my lil’ secret) Actually I have such terrible stage-frightened. I do hate speaking/orating/talking in front of many people. That’s my weakness :'( but no matter what I must do that presentation. Indeed. That’s our main reason why we fly so far away crossing the hundreds kilometers sea and land from Indonesia to Russia.

In some hours before the presentation I was going back and forth to the toilet for many times due to my nervousness. I had a cold-sweat too. It was so terrible. Even when I have to do presentation in front of the class when I was school I always do the same, in this case I have to do presentation in foreign-language in front of many international people. Can you imagine how nervous I am??? It felt I was going to give in. I might cry. But the time keeps passing and our turn had come! 



my PIC was sick so she was massaged by my lecturer

she was sick due to nervousness (?)
In a hard step I came forward with my PIC and in such tremble voice I opened the presentation. (My lecturer recorded our presentation actually and when I re-watched it I realized I made some basic grammar mistakes in my speech) here is the video (sorry it bit embarrassing). 

Due to my nervousness I didn't realize that I did the presentation in such fast mode kkkkkk . I wonder how the Russian translator caught my fast speaking and then translated it in Russian. Well that passed is past. We were given about 10 – 15 minutes to do the presentation and we finished our presentation approximately in 12 minutes. It was so unforgettable! And I think I could handle my weakness very well. Although I made some lil’ mistakes in grammar but I didn't make some huge mistake in my points of speech. If I’m not mistaken we got some standing ovation (If I’m not mistaken!!!). We also got some congratulation and compliment. After the presentation I felt so refreshed. It felt like the big-heavy-stone that I put in my shoulder for some hours finally gone. I really want to shout out loud due to my freedom (it’s just my overreacting hehe don’t take it seriously) hahahaha. I’m so proud with my PIC and myself, indeed.

While others wore their traditional costumes while they did the presentation, my PIC and I wore our university-suit-uniform (jas almamater.read). Then after the presentation we changed into our “kebaya” (Java traditional costumes).

proud of "jas almamater" UGM - we presented about "Climate Change Impact to Forest Health" with special cases in Mount Merapi after Eruption
In some hours the presentations time had been over. And our next order was winner-presentation-announcement. All people wore their traditional costumes then we gathered in meeting room where the presentation held. Unfortunately we didn't win :( but it doesn't matter. The important thing is the experiences and the process we through. But indeed we also felt disappointed. For top-3 winner were given such big prize (despite the trophy and winner certificate, they got some money). And the rest were given some unique souvenir. I got wall hangings (Russian traditional painting) and an album of Russian forest profile, my PIC got wall hangings, my other friends got matrioska (Russian traditional dolls), etc. At least we got those lil’ gift, so it could reduce our disappointment of losing.


my PIC (right) and the winner of 8th IJFC from Russia (left) - she wore Russian traditional costumes

my PIC, I, and my friend from Mongolia took a picture with Matrioska (Russia traditional doll)

At night we had a fun party. In the party there were some Russian art performance such as dance, song, and others. Beside it there were also western-style dance.  It was a fun night :D we closed our event with that such of party. It wasn't just a party but from that party we could know more about Russian culture and pop art. Beside it there was also games for the participant, either of 'group' games or 'couple' games. Kkkkk So there was couple who was born from this event.


They sang Russian folk songs
some folk dance

we all danced together and made a circle
this circle :)

Group game with balloon

Jumping rope together

We did it as well

Group games - tug of war


Dance performance from Russian
The individual game to make some pose while the eyes covered

This is the couple games





after the party we took a picture together (he was a moslem too from Tajikiztan but live in Moscow)
To be continued...
Masbagik 27082014

@Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit Office
14.30 WITA - killing the time after working

P.S. I'm so sorry for my lacking in English :) I'm still learning actually - It must be so great if you can give me some feedback/advice/suggestion/etc for my better writing. Thank you so much ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment