Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Part V. Finally (Walk Around Moscow City)

Matrioska - traditional doll from Russia

In our 3rd day we had a chance to walk around Moscow city. At first we had a free time from the morning till noon. At that time my PIC, lecturer, I, and some friends decided to go to market. We want to buy some gift for families and friends in our own country, indeed. We walked from the hotel to the market. Fortunately the market was near with the hotel it only took about 10 minutes. Before it we went to money changer to change our dollars to rubel because most of the shop in the market didn't accept payment using dollars.

one of the pictures that taken before we went to market (where was I?)
After that without any platitude we went to the market. Arrived in the market we went separately because we had different object to buy. Even though we went separately but we made such agreement to meet up at the market gate after we finished our shopping.


if I'm not mistaken this is place where we must meet up after shopping
my PIC took my photo without permission :p
The most impressive thing I met when I was in the market was I met the seller who speaks Bahasa Indonesia!!!! He said that he ever lived in Indonesia with his wife for 2 years so he could speak a little Bahasa Indonesia. So I bought many things from him kkkkk :p . Most of the seller in the market can’t speak English so often we used body language or write the price in a paper or calculator to bargain. If we disagreed with the price we left but if we agreed we paid kkkk. That’s how the world runs.

Beside it, I also met Indonesian who stayed in Russia (seorang mbak – mbak dan Ibunya) in that market. When we were in another country then we met with people from the same country it feels like we met family although we didn’t know who they are (am I overreacting? Kkk :p). Unfortunately both of us were in rush so we didn’t have opportunity to talk longer. I also forgot to take a picture with them L.

in the middle of shopping

after shopping :p

Back from the market we had a lunch and prepared to walk around the ‘real’ Moscow city. The participants divided into 2 buses. One bus for International participants who speak in English (include me) and the other for the participants who speak Russian. (Not all Russian can speak English)

this was our bus :D
All participants were accompanied by IJFC committee to walk around in the most famous place in Moscow city called Kremlin and Red Square. Kremlin is known as a historific fortress and complex at the heart of Moscow. (As I read in Wikipedia) Kremlin is overlooking the Moskva River to the south, Saint Basil’s Cathedral and Red Square to the east, and the Alexander Garden to the west. (it is awesome, isn’t it?) Although we only passed through it (didn’t enter to the palace) but it was still amazing kkkk. And Red square separates the Kremlin and often considered as central square of Moscow because Moscow’s major streets – which connect to Russia’s major highways- originate from the square (Wikipedia) kkkk. In that complex there is also Saint Basil’s Cathedral which is at first I saw it I thought it was a mosque (sorry -_-). From far away I saw the top of the building, it was dome-shaped similar with commonly mosque top. But the nearer we walk it was different from the mosque. Now, the building that known as Cathedral of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theokos on The Moat is a museum. In front of the cathedral there is a famous statue commemorates Prince Dmitry Pozharsky and the butcher Kuzma Minin, the leader of the militia that repelled the Polish invasion of 1612, at the height of the Time of Troubles. The statue designed by the architect I. Martos, it was erected in 1818 and became Russia’s first monumental sculpture. Below the statue there is such a bas-relief and in the top of it there is writing “To citizen Minin and Prince Pozharsky, from a grateful Russia”. (Source: http://www.moscow.info/red-square/statue-minin-pozharsky.aspx).


Here we go !!!! 

Saint Basil’s Cathedral and Dmytri Pozharsky Statue
my PIC took a pic in front of them kkkk
at Red Square complex

at Red Square complex





Because of the tight schedule we moved around fast. I just took some pictures with them L If I had a chance again I would like to walk around again then entering the building one by one kkkk (Amin). After we passed though them we entered to a building (we could say a theater) which later I knew that it was a place to hold such opera performance. In that building we had official closing ceremony of 8th IJFC along with delivering prizes for winner-top3 of this competition.
They were the top 3 - winner
She was the first winner from Russia
inside the theater
there were some performance inside the theater


Before the official closing ceremony was held, we had a small party again inside the building kkkk. There were many foods and beverages but I couldn't drink the beverages because it was alcoholic beverages (even some of my friend were drunk). So I just could sit and take pictures with my friends.
my African friends and I
there was a small photo studio inside the building kkk

After the official closing ceremony been over we went back to the hotel. Because at night we didn’t have schedule, my friends and I decided to walk around the hotel to find vodka special from Russia that my PIC’s friend asked to buy it for her. Because it was fall season in Russia at night the weather was so cold. Then we decided to go to convenient store near with hotel.

Arrived in the convenient store I chose chocolate candy and jelly as a gift for my friends in Indonesia while my PIC asked to the waiters about vodka. But something strange occurred. Because the waiters couldn’t speak in English she said using body language if we couldn’t buy vodka. We were confused why it was so. We thought because they didn’t have vodka in the store but we already saw the vodka. After paid the candy we went to other convenient store. In that store we got the same treatment. They used body language to tell us that we couldn’t buy the vodka. We started to think something weird.

“Why did they do that? Is it because our hijab (scarf) then we can’t buy vodka?”, asked my PIC. I just shake my head mean I didn't know either.

We went out from the convenient store in such bad mood. Then suddenly there was a man run chased after us. He was a college student in one of University in Russia. And fortunately he could speak English. He chased us because he wants to explain to us that in this country there are rules that regulate about buying vodka. We only can buy vodka at 10.00 am till 10.00 pm. Unfortunately we went to convenient store at 11.00 pm, so we couldn’t buy vodka hahahaha. Then he asked us why we want to buy vodka whereas we are Muslim which known it is forbidden to drink alcohol. Then my PIC explained that her friend asked her to buy it as a gift. After the small talk then he said goodbye due to his schedule. And we continued our walking around the hotel and went back to the hotel after an hour.

I bought jellies and chocolate candies 





Arrived in the bed room my PIC and I started to pack our belonging because tomorrow was our flight schedule back to our beloved country Indonesia. L

to be continued ...

Masbagik 05092014

@Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit Office
10.30 WITA - just trying to refresh my mind and make my eyes rests from making map and those GIS things kkkk


2 comments:

  1. Seph, why didnt you give me chocolate candies??? I want it!! Give it to meeee..hahaha..such an incredible moments and well you must save all the memory here!! Im looking forward to the next story!

    Thanks for the Matrioska!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how could I give u who live so far away from me? there were so many people who want those gifts including the candies. it was lucky for you I could give you matrioska thing hahaha that is unique and rare sep :p

    ReplyDelete