Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

(SOMETIMES) Discipline "BRING" Disaster


Hi blogger .. it has been a long time right? (not so long sih :p) . at this time I wanna tell you about my weird experience at last accident that happened at October 20th 2012. It wasn’t so bad but really annoying. Because of this experience I realized that disciplinary culture in Indonesia still can't be fully applied by people. Not all people but most of them or just some people.

Before I begin my story please don’t laugh at my poor English. Ya I just wanna improve my skill sih after a very long time I didn’t use English at my daily. 

***
This story begin when my friend (just call him Angger) and I wanted to do location survey for our event we call it KKN (Kuliah Kerja Nyata) is just seems like community service that we must do as a college student to apply our knowledge we gained in school to a real life in the community *I don’t know how to say it in English :p*. We had been agreed to meet in front of KOPMA (Koperasi Mahasiswa) UGM. Actually we weren’t just two, there was also some friend from faculty of medicine. But because of their much activity they couldn’t join with us. Okay! Without .. ba bi bu .. let’s start our Jurney!!


Our destination was Gampings Traditional Market by motorcycles. Because I didn’t know the route so I just followed Angger. When we got there we found out that gamping traditional market divided into 2 types that is common market and fruit market specially. Then we decided to go to fruit market which is bigger and more modern than common market. We planned to know about waste management at this market where it’s already have good management. Then we asked to market security guard about it. He told us to go to back of the market and meet the manager. But poor us!!! We came at the wrong time. The manager had gone to his home because it was Saturday (all workers go home early). I went there at 1.30 pm and they had been back home at 12 pm.  T__T After took some pictures we went home. Even so we weren’t so disappointed because we got CP of the manager. 
model : Angger | in front of waste management office at Gamping Market

a machine to smash the waste
one of part at waste management area


***
In the way home at first I followed Angger but because it was raining I went faster to find a shelter to wear rain coat. I preceded Angger and he didn’t realize it then. From a far I saw the traffic light changed the color from green to orange and red. I slowed HONSU (my motorcycle name) then and stopped in the right place. 

But suddenly ~~

***BRAKKKKK!!!!*** … ***BRAKKKK!!!*** (again)

I felt someone hit me and my honsu. I also heard a harsh sound twice. It was so surprising!!! I lost of balance and fell down. With a bit of panic I woke up and honsu immediately. Lucky me I didn’t get serious injury and there was someone help me. But when I turned back I saw a woman fell with scattered items. Whoa!!!!! She fell down harder than me. (At that time Angger didn’t realize that I got accident. He thought that I had drove in front of him.) 

TKP ( Tempat Kejadian Perkara ) * the scene

Ibu nggak papa?* Are you okay?” I asked her.

She was silent and then …

“Mbaknya gimana sih??? Berhentinya kok mendadak kan saya jadi jatuh!!!* Hey how the hell??? Why did you stop suddenly, It made me fell down!!!” , she was angry with me.

OH MY GOD!!! I was shocked!

“Lho kan itu lampu merah bu. Bener dong kalo saya berhenti. Lagi pula saya tadi juga udah melanin motor saya soalnya saya tau itu lampunya udah mau merah. Itu juga ada tulisan –lurus ikuti lampu apill-  * HEY LOOK AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT!!! It just RED! It means we must stop. Anyway I’ve been slowing down my motorcycle because I knew I would be RED. And also there are writing –straight road follow the traffic light-”
the traffic light | silent witness

“Tapi ini kan daerah aman mbak jadi kalo lampu merah mbaknya jalan itu nggak papa. Liat tuh mbak! udah lampu merah tapi masih pada jalan. Soalnya ini daerahnya aman mbak. * But this is safe zone so it will be okay if you just go away although it’s red. Look at them! they still pass though it was red. Because it's safe zone. ” she said (still angry with me)

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??? 
I was right but she angry with me and blamed me with her fault. If I didn’t remember with my mom at home I really wanted to leave her alone with her scattered items. But I had a heart and just help her to pack her stuff. I felt so sorry with her. 

After it she asked me to follow her to machine shop. *I got very bad feeling about it* 

Ya because I felt sorry for her I just followed her. And when we arrived there she asked the mechanic about how to fix her motorcycle (her motorcycle was heavily damaged). I didn’t know why it could happen, she hit me but she got worse injury and her motorcycle heavily damaged. While I was a victim here just okay, fine, without serious injured and honsu also fine just crooked license plate. Actually I confused why it could happen but I just should be grateful I’m okay. Allah still protects me.

“Mbak saya nggak mau ribut – ribut di sini. Untung tadi nggak ada polisi. Mending kita damai aja. Nanti kita 50 : 50 ya buat biaya bengkelnya.* Miss I don’t want to make a fuss. Lucky us there was no police. It’s better if we reconcile. Let’s divide motorcycle fix cost 50 : 50” she said.

WHATTTTT?????? I didn’t do something wrong but I also took the responsibilities??? *really annoying*

It was afternoon and I had been tired. I didn’t want to make it took a long time and I just said “Okay”. What a foolish girl I am. After some discussed with the mechanic he told us that the cost was about Rp 500.000 . 

WHAAATTTTT???? I really wanted to jump into selokan mataram at that time. That prize is not cheap for me as a student. It was expensive!!!! how came I pay it????

I told the woman that I couldn’t pay it the prize more than Rp 200.000. But she still bid in order to make me paid more that it. *TOTALLY ANNOYING* after the bargaining ended finally I must pay about Rp 220.000. *oh my god*

I did sent some message to my friends about it, including Angger. They told me to not pay because I didn’t do something wrong. But because I really felt so tired I didn’t want to make this case became longer so I ignore their advice and I just paid. 

***
When I arrived at my boarding house Angger came and I just told him about it in detail. He just laughs at me and said
“Sak ngertiku uwong ditabrak kok melu gelem ganti rugi ki yo lagi kowe! Hahaha – Setau gue orang ditabrak dan mau ikut buat ganti rugi itu ya baru loe! Hahaha – As far as I know the victim who also want to take responsibilities it’s only you! hahaha”

And I just could do some reflection about this tragedy.   

“To become a good people is not easy including become a discipline person. As long as the environments don’t support you it will make you so hard to keep your principle, your will. But you should not give up and keep try to be a right person because the changing begins from a little thing (in this case is yourself). Big thing is made up from small thing!!!”(Mashumi, 2012)

(from left to right) suspected woman, her motorcycle, and my honsu
simcerely,
マシュミウ

with pevi in my lovely 47's widest room

reflection with noisy Vio
12:13 am time to sleep
konbanwa ~
oyasuminasai minna san ~

3 comments:

  1. hey Uma...can you tell me about your blog's design...please I like your blog and I have too but it's not nice than you...I wanna it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha, sometimes you have to be more galak you know. i think because your face is too innocent then you are too easy to be fooled. funny story but a bit stupid you know..@.@

    ReplyDelete
  3. nita : sure :)

    meykke : thanks for the advice :'(

    ReplyDelete