Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Delightful Beginning of New Year 2015 : River Tubing

The Big Family of Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit

As I promised before I would like to tell you about my very first vacation ever along with big family of Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit. We started our New Year 2015 in Suranadi Natural Park and Lesehan Taufik II. Well, ...

29 December 2014
This story started by long-short conversation such as below :D
“Eh mau pada kemana liburan tahun baru besok?” 
“Belum tahu, masih belum ada agenda.”
“Kita liburan bareng yuk ke Suranadi nanti main River Tubing juga.”
“Boleh – boleh”
“Kumpul jam 9 di rumah saya ya.”, said head of administration division of Rinjani Timur FMU.

01 January 2015

some of vacation participants :D
In such early morning I already prepared everything I need for this vacation such as snack, some clothes, etc. About 08.15 am I went to gathering point of this vacation which is head of administration division house. I thought I already early when I was going but actually everybody had been already in gathering point except me and one of my friend. In no time my friend already came as well. Then we started our journey. 



4 single ladies :p
Being a part of this big family is another happiness I get in this place. How everyone have sense of kinship is one of things I grateful for to be here. I feel like have new family in this strange place. Almost everyone in my office already have their own family. The one who still being single is I and my 3 other friend who almost has the same age (I am the youngest). This is first holiday together ever since I am here. 

Our first destination is Suranadi Natural Park. In this place we agree to meet up with our new head officer that live far away in Mataram city almost 60km from our living place in Eastern Lombok Regency. Suranadi Natural Park is a forest area which allocated as tourism destination. There are many interesting places here such as Pura (Balinese temple), springs, pool, garden, outbond area etc. The most famous from this place is pura and the spring which is used as bathing place (pool). We took many pictures here. One thing that can’t be missed from this place is there are so many monkeys living freely here. But sadly we only visited the forest and garden part, we didn't have time to visit the pura and pool. 

The gate of Suranadi Natural Park

The monkeys

a deer
One of the road in Suranadi Natural Park
One part of Suranadi Natural Park
After we satisfied hanging around in this place and also took some pictures, we moved to another destination which is our main destination Lesehan Taufik II - a place where we would play river tubing. Lesehan Taufik II actually is a restaurant with natural theme. There are such a playground, swimming pool, outbond area, and river tubing services as well. 

The group arrived at Lesehan Taufik II
It was already noon when we arrived in Lesehan Taufik II. We decided to pray Dzuhur first and order some food for lunch. While we waiting for the food, the men and 3 young ladies (including me) decided to play river tubing and the rest watch over the children playing in the swimming pool and keep our stuffs safe as well. River tubing is a recreational activity where an individual rides on top of an inner tube then free floating in along the river (Wikipedia, 2015).

It was still raining season when we played, so that the river was overflow and had strong currents. But those things made our river tubing become more exciting. Before we played river tubing, we have to wear safety equipment such as helmet, lifebelt vest, and elbow and knee protector as well to keep ourselves safe. We had to walk for about 2 km to our starting point passing through the beautiful paddy field. And then ... finally we were about to play!!! First step before we began our river tubing we must drenching our body, it means for make sure our body ready to get wet so we won’t to get heart attack. Then the second step we prayed to the God to keep us safe. And the last step we sat on our tube and made a line for the order of river tubing launching. Here we go!

Doing some preparation before playing

Don't forget to wear safety equipment first!

We were ready to rock :D
1 ... 2 ... 3 put your hands up!!!

Bring your own tubes :D

Passing through the paddy field

Watch out it was slippery

make sure yourself getting wet and don't forget to pose first :D

An interesting experience happened to me. In second rapid point in the river I fell from my tube and was swept away by the river. I was swept away for about 500 m until one of safety guard rescue me. Actually before we started playing we were already informed if we fell from the tube we must get up quickly, but in my case it was so hard to do since the currents was so strong and I am such a light person. Then I just could follow where the flow swept me defenselessly. I already tried to get up for many times but failed. Consequently I got many wound on my knee and hand. Fortunately the safety guards rescue me immediately. I will never forget that experience. So fun!

here we go!

a few minutes before falling


I would not fall for the second time *grab the tube tightly*

unavoidably rapids

the other victim :p

I succeed passing through clearly  

Beside it, the thing I love from playing river tubing is I can scream as loud as I can along the river. While do that thing I can release my stress. Even though I have to struggle fight my fear of all kind of water sport and transportation -_- I have no regret about trying this river tubing.

It was AWESOME
Actually I ever tried another river tubing when I was still in Java island, when I was a college student. I tried it in Goa Pindul, Yogyakarta with my friend. But at that time in Goa Pindul the currents was calm so it wasn't too challenging. Maybe next time I can share that story as well. 

After crossing the river about 5 km for 2 hours (If I am not mistaken), I felt really hungry. So that after finished the river tubing we went back to the restaurant as quick as possible to eat. In no time I already changing my clothes and get ready to have lunch. And after that we took a rest for a moment and we went back home. :)

This river tubing services located in Narmada sub district, Lombok Barat Regency, NTB province. It was managed by Lesehan Taufik II - one of restaurant located around Suranadi Natural Park. To play river tubing generally we have to pay about Rp 125.000 /person, but at that time we had a discount, so we only paid about Rp 75.000/person. In that Restaurant there is outbond area as well which providing some games such as flying fox, repling, etc.

Masbagik 04022015 9.40 WITA
Rinjani Timur Forest Management Unit Office
*I wonder why is my office so quiet today? I'm sorry for my not good english I'm still learning :) *
with love _ uma


2 comments:

  1. Whew Umu2, since when did you start your blog in English?
    Awesome! Both for your English-Writing skill and your journey.
    I never tried river tubing before, it looks really fun, doesn't it?
    Aaaah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. since I realized that my English getting worse coz I rarely use it. Thank you I like your story as well kkkkk. :)
      You MUST try that it's really FUN. Maybe you can try first in Pindul Cave Yogya it's near with your hometown right?

      Delete